The History of Jericho Beach November 27, 2019

19th Century Jericho When Captains George Vancouver and Dionisio Galiano arrived in English Bay in 1792, Jericho Beach was the site of a native Musqueum Nation village (Ee’yullmough).  The wood used to repair those first European ships came, in fact, from Jericho Beach. “Jericho” refers to ‘Jerry’s Cove’, the name for the area at that time. It was named after Jeremiah Rogers, one of the first men to log that area in the 1860s.  A few of the original…

Continue reading